SBPL’s Adult Literacy Program matches learners with trained volunteer tutors to work one-to-one towards a variety of learning goals, including:
- Reading, writing, and spelling in English
- Learning English as a second language
- Preparing for the GED (general equivalency degree) test
- Preparing for the US Citizenship test
All Adult Literacy services are free and confidential.
Adults are eligible for one-to-one tutoring if you are:
- 16-years-old or older
- able to meet with a tutor a 1-3 hours per week for 6 months minimum
To sign up for these services, please call or email the Literacy Services Team. We look forward to hearing from you!
LEAF is a program of California Library Literacy Services, supported in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
LEAF is supported in part with funding from the Santa Barbara Adult Education Consortium.